Busy Season Internship
The Firm is seeking Accounting students for a Busy Season Internship (Winter 2021). This is a part-time internship, approximately 20-25 hours per week with flexibility around the Intern’s school schedule. The Internship may be extended into additional seasons / semesters based on performance and availability.
Interns will work with Accounting Professionals on various client engagements to learn tax preparation, audit procedures and various other accounting responsibilities. Some scanning and administrative responsibilities as needed, but we are looking to provide you with an optimal learning experience with hands-on accounting work. Interns may have the opportunity to do work at client sites.
The ideal candidate is a student who will complete their accounting degree, with 150 credits, between May 2021 and December 2022. They will possess a willingness to learn and work hard. And they will have strong computer skills with ability to learn accounting software
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in accounting
- Must have completed intermediate accounting courses – 1 and 2
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
WHAT JANOVER OFFERS
Our Core Values
The relationships between our Firm’s success and your success is built on our core values. For over 80 years, our Firm has forged unbreakable relationships with our clients, our community and each other by adding value to each of those relationships. We seek to develop a relationship and provide value to you by delivering proactive career planning based on forming an understanding of your individual career goals. We create customized, long term career development strategies aimed to capitalize on the existing and emerging opportunities within this profession. We offer career opportunities in:
- Assurance Services (audits, reviews, compilations & agreed upon procedures)
- Client Accounting Services (financials & accounting)
- Taxation (tax planning, research & consulting)
- Advisory & Business Consulting
- Litigation Support, Fraud & Forensic Accounting & Business Valuations
- Pension & Retirement Plan Services
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to providing you with a challenging, motivating, and continual learning environment to support your professional growth. Our career development program is designed to ensure you achieve year-over- year career growth & advancement. We help you build your own career path and achieve success by providing you with:
- Hands‐on experience serving our clients
- Exposure to a range of businesses in various industries
- Mentoring by partners & other professionals
- Training which utilizes national experts in the field of Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
- Exposure to various instructional styles including both live and web-based training
- Learning plans that are tied to our core competencies
- Technical and leadership development training at all levels
- An extensive new hire on-boarding program which allows new hires to integrate with our firm’s culture more easily, and
- The opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of our clients!
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding place to develop your career, if you are seeking something beyond simply a place to work, explore the possibilities with us.
Garden City, NY or New York, NY
About Janover LLC
For over 80 years, Janover LLC has earned the reputation as trusted advisors to their domestic and international clients. A full-service accounting, tax and advisory firm, Janover's primary focus has been meeting & exceeding their clients' expectations. Founded in 1938, Janover LLC has grown to be a top 200 firm and is ranked as one of the top Mid-Atlantic accounting firms by Accounting Today. Janover LLC has industry and specialty practice teams who deliver specialized services to clients in Real Estate, Construction, Manufacturing, Wholesale & Distribution, Retail, Professional Services, Entertainment and Financial Services.Janover LLC provides related professional services through two affiliates: JRF Asset Advisors LLC provides financial planning and investment management services to corporate and individual entities; and, JRS Financial Services LLC provides contracted financial management services to emerging firms and financial service organizations.Janover LLC is a member of INAA, an international association of independent accounting & advisory firms whose prime purpose is to serve businesses with cross-border accounting and tax issues.