Accounting Firm Scheduling Coordinator
Accounting Firm Scheduling Coordinator – Garden City or New York
Do you enjoy planning? Are you organized? Do you enjoy using analytics to solve problems and develop solutions? Janover is hiring a Scheduling Coordinator to be responsible for scheduling and coordinating engagements of the accounting professionals. This role will join the HR team with direct contact and relationships with the accounting professionals and Partners.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with concentration in Human Resources or Business Administration a plus.
- 2-3 years of professional services scheduling/resource planning experience.
- Previous experience supporting a public accounting or professional services firm.
- Monitor schedules of the accounting professionals to ensure there is workload balance, effective utilization and due dates are met.
- Be a resource for staff and managers to mediate conflicts and resolve resource needs.
- Facilitate scheduling conversations and meetings as needed, including asking questions to ensure clarity when making recommendations and follow-up on unresolved issues in a timely manner that may require rescheduling of projects and/or staff.
- Meet with staff regularly to obtain an understanding of their scheduling and client needs.
- Communicate with management regarding ongoing and future needs versus availability, potential staffing issues, and other information to allow the effective scheduling resolutions.
- Work with HR team members and management regarding productivity, training, staffing issues and other concerns.
- Reallocate scheduling needs when staff is promoted or inactive.
- Assist in the development of scheduling process improvements.
- Administer scheduling updates and changes in scheduling software (Practice Engine).
- Facilitate new hire orientation training on software system and the firm’s scheduling process.
- Analyze staff availability, staff/partner boards, and productive reports among others to identify trend and mitigate future issues.
- Participate in HR and firm wide projects or other assignments as directed.
Additional skills & core values:
- Experience working within a demanding, fast-paced environment to very high standards.
- Able to build strong relationships with all levels in the firm
- Understanding that there are several factors to consider and fulfill for each scheduling request
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to listen effectively.
- Thrives on metrics with the ability to use analytics to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Attentive to details and also able to step back and apply big picture thinking.
- Strong MS Office Skills, particularly Excel.
- Flexible to work on a variety of assignments, organized and able to multi-task.
- Honesty and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Genuinely care for others
- Team oriented
About the Firm:
For more than 80 years, Janover LLC has earned the reputation as trusted advisors to their domestic and international clients. A full-service accounting, tax and advisory firm, Janover's primary focus has been meeting and exceeding their clients' expectations. Founded in 1938, Janover LLC has grown to be a Top 200 firm and is ranked as one of the top Mid-Atlantic accounting firms by Accounting Today. Janover LLC has industry and specialty practice teams who deliver specialized services, including data analytic services, to clients in Real Estate, Construction, Manufacturing, Wholesale & Distribution, Retail, Professional Services, Entertainment and Financial Services.
Janover LLC provides related professional services through two affiliates: JRF Asset Advisors LLC, which provides financial planning and investment management services to corporate and individual entities; and, JRS Financial Services LLC, which provides contracted financial management services to emerging firms and financial service organizations.