Trust and Estate Senior Manager
Janover LLC is seeking a tax professional on partner track to join our Trust and Estate Group. Janover LLC has been voted best place to work by Crain’s and Newsday. Janover LLC was also ranked as one of America’s top tax and accounting firms by Forbes. The position is currently remote but will require a presence in our Garden City or New York City Office. Compensation will be determined based on experience level.
Trust and Estates
- Manage and technical review of complex Fiduciary (Form 1041), Gift (Form 709), and Estate (Form 706) tax returns
- Manage multiple Estate, Gift and Fiduciary client tax engagements simultaneously
- Review and analyze estate plans including trust instruments, Wills, and other estate planning documents
- Manage and Review fiduciary and Estate accountings
- Involvement in estate planning and wealth transfer projects, including review of estate planning documents, modeling of various estate tax reduction strategies, meeting and making appropriate recommendations to clients.
- Provide a high-level trust and estate consulting for clients in addition to performing complex research and analyzing sophisticated tax strategies.
- Reviewing trust structures to minimize the federal and state income tax exposure between the trusts and their beneficiaries.
- Research and consult on various estate, gift and trust related issues, such as trustee and beneficiary issues, generation skipping tax issues and wealth transfer planning
- Developing effective income and estate tax planning techniques using partnerships and LLCs, charitable trusts, generation skipping trusts, and other wealth building strategies.
- Conducting internal training courses or seminars on technical tax subjects.
- Have responsibility for managing all aspects of client relationships.
- Strategic planning for clients including advising on federal and state compliance issues
- Manage client engagements and assure timely filing of all related tax returns
- Dealing directly with the client’s attorneys, investment advisors, taxing authority agents, and other professionals.
- Responsible for the planning, development and execution of client tax engagement process
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related issues, and make tax recommendations.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships during the engagement and throughout the year
- Identify additional tax planning opportunities that may impact clients financial position
- Manage and train professionals on the engagement team in complex tax technical topics and client engagements
About the Firm
For more than 80 years, Janover LLC has earned the reputation as trusted advisors to their domestic and international clients. A full-service accounting, tax and advisory firm, Janover's primary focus has been meeting and exceeding their clients' expectations. Founded in 1938, Janover LLC has grown to be a Top 200 firm and is ranked as one of the top Mid-Atlantic accounting firms by Accounting Today. Janover LLC has industry and specialty practice teams who deliver specialized services, including data analytic services, to clients in Real Estate, Construction, Manufacturing, Wholesale & Distribution, Retail, Professional Services, Entertainment and Financial Services.
Janover LLC provides related professional services through two affiliates: JRF Asset Advisors LLC, which provides financial planning and investment management services to corporate and individual entities; and, JRS Financial Services LLC, which provides contracted financial management services to emerging firms and financial service organizations.